Service of Fire Hose Reels.
As with all fire fighting appliances, Fire Hose Reels are subject to regular service and inspection. This needs to be carried out by a suitably trained and competent person. The minimum frequency is no less than once every twelve months.
Code of Practice/Standards;
BS 5306-1:2006. Code of Practice for fire extinguishing installations and equipment on premises. Part 1 Hose Reels & Foam Inlets.
IS EN 671-3:2009. Fixed Fire Fighting Systems: Hose Systems, maintenance of hose reels with semi-rigid hose and hose systems with Lay Flat Hose.
Requirements of IS EN 671-3:2009
According to IS EN 671-3, regular checks of all hose reels and hose systems should be carried out by a suitably trained and competent person, ensuring that the hose reel or hose system is;
* Unobstructed and free from damage, and components not leaking or showing signs of corrosion.
* Operating instructions are clear and legible.
* The location is clearly marked.
* All supporting brackets are secure and firmly fixed.
* The flow of water is steady and sufficient.
* Hose Drum rotates freely in both directions.
* Nozzle is correct type and easy to operate.